The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is the main distance-learning university in India. Since its establishment in 1985, IGNOU has produced numerous graduates who’ve long gone on to have successful careers in diverse fields. One question that often comes up is whether any IGNOU alumni have emerged as professors or joined academia. In this article, we can discover the possibility and potentialities of becoming a professor after graduating from IGNOU.
The Possibility of Becoming a Professor Post-IGNOU
While the majority of IGNOU college students are operating specialists pursuing better training to increase their careers, it’s without a doubt possible for IGNOU graduates to enter academia and become professors.
IGNOU offers a complete range of programs, including certificates, diplomas, and undergraduate and postgraduate degrees, in addition to doctoral degrees. The rigor and satisfactory quality of training imparted at IGNOU are on par with regular universities. The IGNOU curriculum is designed by way of a frame of over 7,000 instructional counselors comprising problem specialists from the most efficient institutes across India.
The college also has some eminent scholars and professors among its contributors. Hence, IGNOU graduates who show off sturdy academic flair and research abilities can simply aspire to become professors down the line.
IGNOU Alumni Who Have Become Professors
While genuine facts on the range of IGNOU alumni who have ended up professors aren’t always available, there are surely character cases of students who’ve long gone directly to pursue Ph.D. programs and be part of academia after completing their education from IGNOU.
Some outstanding examples are:
- Dr. Manish Verma, who pursued an MA in Sociology from IGNOU in 2003 and later acquired his Ph.D. from Delhi University, He is presently an assistant professor of sociology at Maharaja Agrasen College, Delhi University.
- Dr. Anjali Kataria, who did her MA in history from IGNOU in 1999, followed by an MPhil and a PhD from the University of Rajasthan, She is now an associate professor in the Department of History at Presidency University, Bangalore.
- Dr. Anil Kumar, an IGNOU MCA graduate, worked inside the IT enterprise earlier than returning to lecturers. He obtained his PhD in computer science and is now an assistant professor at IIT Delhi.
There might be many more inspiring testimonies of IGNOU students who correctly transitioned into an educational career through the years.
Requirements to Become a Professor After IGNOU
While it’s honestly conceivable, one must fulfill certain necessities and put in the effort to end up a professor after graduating from IGNOU. The key requirements are:
- Pursuing a postgraduate diploma in the selected difficulty with desirable educational overall performance. This builds the strong problem-solving understanding required for teaching.
- Clearing the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by UGC for determining eligibility for lectureships and assistant professorships.
- Enrolling in excessively satisfactory Ph.D. software and completing complete studies in the concerned location. Focus on getting published in reputed journals.
- Gaining a few teaching experiences with the aid of taking over part-time lectureships or study assistantships throughout your PhD application. This enables an increase in lecture room skills.
- Developing strong communication competencies to educate successfully and publish study work.
With diligent effort and passion for teachers, IGNOU graduates fulfilling those parameters can genuinely realize their dream of becoming professors.
To finish, becoming a professor after graduating from IGNOU is truly viable if one has the requisite qualifications, study output, and teaching experience. Many IGNOU alumni have already executed so during the last few decades. With IGNOU levels being identified on par with degrees from everyday universities, the door to an academic profession stays open for excessively acting college students. The key is to leverage the information gained from IGNOU and complement it with higher qualifications, quality research, and coaching experience.
Each and every course in IGNOU has Assignments in it for which SOLVED ASSIGNMENTS for IGNOU students is available (solved assignments) which should be in IGNOU HANDWRITTEN ASSIGNMENT ( handwritten assignments ) format. Also for a few courses like Master’s Degree there are IGNOU PROJECT AND SYNOPSIS (project and synopsis) too.
TO KNOW MORE – Click Here