The Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) program qualifies graduates to train in secondary and higher secondary colleges. Many BA General graduates from IGNOU remember pursuing a B.Ed. for a coaching career. But is it possible to do a B.Ed. after a BA General degree from IGNOU? Let’s discover:
Eligibility for B.Ed.
- The eligibility criteria for B.Ed. consist of:
- A graduate diploma in any area from an identified college.
- Minimum 50% mixture marks for general-class college students.
- Relaxation to 45% for reserved class candidates.
So a BA General diploma holder from IGNOU fulfills the simple graduation standards. IGNOU is a University Grants Commission-recognized college.
Subject Specialization Requirement
However, there is a topic specialization requirement for B.Ed. eligibility. Applicants must have studied applicable topics in graduation for coaching in secondary faculties.
For example, to train in English, graduates need to have English literature or language. For coaching geography or history, the graduate degree has to incorporate relevant subjects.
This is where BA General graduates face limitations. The BA General program has a large shape without difficulty in specialization.
Overcoming the Limitations
Despite those barriers, there are methods BA General graduates can emerge as eligible for B.Ed:
- Pursue a PG Diploma of one year in a coaching issue like English, geography, history, political science, public administration, and so on. Some universities, like IGNOU, offer those applications through distance mode.
- Appear for the Bachelor’s Preparatory Program inside the involved teaching situation. BPP is a 6-month bridge path equipping BA General graduates to specialize.
- Enroll for an additional bachelor’s degree targeted at a teaching difficulty, like BA English, BA History, BA Geography, etc. Some, like Delhi University, provide those as correspondence guides.
- Do a Bachelor’s in Education (B.El.Ed), a 4-year-long path with a specialization suited for teaching.
Teaching subject options
BA General graduates have limited alternatives for teaching topics in B.Ed. Usual selections are:
- Political Science
- Public Administration
Mathematics, sciences, commerce, and technical subjects are difficult to study without having studied them in college.
Gaining adequate concern and know-how earlier than B.Ed. is crucial to becoming an effective instructor. BA General graduates need to pick suitable routes to specialize and meet eligibility norms.
In the end, doing a B.Ed. after a BA General from IGNOU is possible if graduates equip themselves with a coaching issue specialization. While the BA General diploma gives a basis in social sciences and humanities, acquiring additional challenging understanding is crucial to efficiently complete a B.Ed. and pursue a teaching career. With prudent planning, IGNOU BA General graduates can recognize their aspirations to train in faculties.
Each and every course in IGNOU has Assignments in it for which SOLVED ASSIGNMENTS for IGNOU students is available (solved assignments) which should be in IGNOU HANDWRITTEN ASSIGNMENT ( handwritten assignments ) format. Also for a few courses like Master’s Degree there are IGNOU PROJECT AND SYNOPSIS (project and synopsis) too.
TO KNOW MORE – Click Here