To get an original degree certificate from IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University), follow the steps given below:
- Complete your program: You must complete your program by clearing all the courses, assignments, and the project/dissertation, as applicable. You must also ensure that there are no pending dues or issues with the University.
- Apply for the degree certificate: After completing the program, you can apply for the degree certificate online through the IGNOU website or by submitting the application form in person or by post. You will need to provide the details of your program and pay the prescribed fee for the degree certificate.
- Verification of documents: The University will verify your academic records, including your mark sheets, assignments, and project/dissertation report, before issuing the degree certificate. You may be required to provide original documents and other relevant information for verification.
- Issuance of degree certificate: Once your documents are verified, the University will issue the degree certificate in the format prescribed by the University. The degree certificate will bear the signature of the authorized officials and the seal of the University.
- Delivery of degree certificate: You can collect the degree certificate in person from the Regional Centre where you have applied for it. You may also receive the degree certificate by post or courier, depending on the delivery options provided by the University.
It is important to note that the process of getting an original degree certificate from IGNOU may take some time, depending on the verification process and other factors. Therefore, it is advisable to apply for the degree certificate well in advance and follow up with the University for updates on the status of your application.